Haul in here to talk trailers.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Just Got in trouble for buying tools
- Posts: 42
- Joined: March 22nd, 2013, 4:04 pm
Hey guys, building a smoker trailer and not real sure where to put the axle. Generally, you would use the 60/40 percent split, but not sure when having the smoking closer to the rear of the trailer. I am building it similar to how TQ does with the firebox welded into the rear of the trailer deck. the trailer deck is 12x5, with a 6 foot CC and a 2 foot firebox, which will weld into the rear of the deck. Should I use a 70/30 percent split..or something like that? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
- Pete Mazz
- Posts: 2946
- Joined: February 16th, 2013, 8:19 am
- Title: Meathead
- Location: Bucks County, PA
- Posts: 8456
- Joined: July 21st, 2012, 5:46 pm
- Title: Member
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...
- Location: Orlando, Florida
Yeah what they said
Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........