Seasoning a compressor smoker build

Instructional posts about How to use the Forums. Feel free to ask questions here also.
Thunderbolt

Seasoning a compressor smoker build

Post by Thunderbolt » June 5th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Greetings. What is the proper way to season a compressor tank (smoker) after sandblasting? Thanks TB

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Seasoning a compressor smoker build

Post by Rodcrafter » June 5th, 2015, 1:51 pm

I wouldn't do anything to it, until I'm seasoning it all after finishing building it.

jm2cw

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Thunderbolt

Post by Thunderbolt » June 5th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Smoker is complete except paint and trailer wiring. Thanks

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by Rodcrafter » June 6th, 2015, 10:49 am

Oh in that case, some use cooking spray, others use olive oil. But the main thing is coat the cc and everything in it then build a nice fire. Bring her up to temp. I like to run it around 300* for a few hours you want to see almost no smoke coming out of the stack. Or you know the thin blue smoke we get the best results with. Then after that I'd like to put some real fatty sorta meat in there. Like some Boston butts and the seasoning will be nice and locked in. By the time the meat is done that cooker will shine on the inside and smell so good you can hardly wait to cook something else. Then you sit around it and eat those awesome pulled pork sandwiches and tell everyone how much love went into building this cooker so we could have this time together. Ok the last part is not required.

jm2cw

Making memories.

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Pennywise
Expert
Expert
Title: Bearded Wonder
BBQ Comp Team Name: WMD BBQ

Post by Pennywise » June 8th, 2015, 8:07 am

I use BACON!!!!!

I always season my smokers with a package of bacon. As it smokes it, I use tongs or gloves to rub all over every surface.

Return to “Forum How To's”