Here is a link to the saw:
http://astore.amazon.com/smokerbuilder- ... B0000WUQI4
- Cold Saw FAQ
- How well do they REALLY work? Answer: Cutting 1/4" steel plate is like cutting 3/4" plywood! you need to not rush the saw though. this will create abnormal blade wear.
- How long do the blades last? Answer: A good blade will last about 150' to about 180' of cutting on 1/4" plate or less if used properly. The blade that comes with the saw.... not so much
- What is the best blade to use with this saw? Answer: I personally use the blade made by Lenox that you can get from Lowe's. I have not used any other blades yet but I'm sure there are better ones out there.
- Does it throw metal shavings everywhere? Answer: Not really too bad. There is a guard on the side of the saw that has a built in shaving catcher. The shaving catcher does a great job but needs to be dumped out frequently.
- What is the thickest material you have cut with it? Answer: I cut mostly 1/4" plate with it but on occasion I have cut chunks of 3/8" plate and some 3/4" square stock.
- How fast can you cut 1/4" plate? Answer: I can usually cut as fast as I would using a Plasma cutter. Of course the slower you go the longer the blade will last.