Tow Behind Charcoal Grill

Tips and tricks for everything related to finishing your smoker.
blunt750

Tow Behind Charcoal Grill

Post by blunt750 » April 26th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Has anyone on here ever made one of these. I am looking to build one. Trying to find some plans on how to build. Thanks.
315250F1-7C74-4EE5-BF26-FB6453BF14E9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chromeski
Expert
Expert

Re: Tow Behind Charcoal Grill

Post by Chromeski » April 27th, 2019, 3:52 am

It's a great idea and easier fo build than a smoker because the numbers are not as critical. Make sure you are not dropping embers all the way home while towing it. Just decide on a size make sure vents and grill are adjustable and chop for it.

If you literally want plans then I'm sure Frank could draw something up for you.

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » April 27th, 2019, 9:11 am

I don't know of any plans but I have used one of those and there are a few things to incorporate to make them work better......things like vents on both sides evenly spaced, a lid that can hinge from the left or the right so you can work from either side, vents in the lid so you can smoke on the grill, a charcoal tray that is adjustable in height without removing the cooking grate, and an ash pan that slides out the back to clean it all out.

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » April 28th, 2019, 11:37 am

I was in a bbq store once and they had a cooker similar to that by meadow creek in the showroom. You might look to see if you can find one locally to snap a few pictures and get a few rough measurements. From there, just design what you want.

Nebel

Post by Nebel » May 10th, 2019, 7:17 am

Also, try tracking down someone who has one of those. You can get the exact measurements that way.

Return to “Fabrication How to's”