Forum How-to's, questions or issues and the site slang database.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: February 12th, 2022, 7:30 pm
This is a journey for me, I have been cooking whole hog ETC. since the early 90's. Now I want to build my own cookers. I started taking welding classes at our local tech school in early March, 20 hrs per week. So far I have learnd Stick. Passed the 1G certification test. We are now focusing on mig. I never imagined there being multiple methods of mig welding. I've welded in short circuit, pulse and spray arc. I thing I'm about ready to actually begin my first build. I believe it will be an insulated vertical smoker. Simply excited with the process
- Big T
- Posts: 6799
- Joined: September 1st, 2013, 2:40 pm
- Title: Go Getter
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys
- Location: Lower Alabama
Good luck! Be sure to make a thread once you've started your build so we can keep up with your progress.
Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.
- Posts: 3735
- Joined: November 24th, 2015, 12:36 am
- Title: It ain't broke...yet
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while
- Location: Phoenix, Az
Sounds like quite the class! It will be great to use those new skills on a new pit.