Discussion about Ugly Drum Smokers (UDS)
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Wants to build a smoker
- Posts: 32
- Joined: February 4th, 2019, 8:51 pm
Looking into uds. They seem fairly straight forward. Heres my question. I've seen the vents for the barrel like places in the middle and placed in the threaded hole in the lid. Is one better than the other. Seems like the vent off center pay cause a hot or cold spots. Or being the small diameter of an uds it's close enough not to matter?
- Posts: 2175
- Joined: April 12th, 2016, 8:07 pm
- Title: Neophyte Smoker Bldr
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...
- Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Don't think it matters much. I've put them in both and now Tom and the boys are experimenting with them coming out the side of the drum... interesting to see how that all works.
Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford