Forum questions and assistance
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Needs a Bigger Shop!
- Posts: 76
- Joined: June 14th, 2012, 4:10 pm
- Title: new member
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...
How do you figure the size of the baffle plate and half moon size? Do you make the top of your firebox a continuation of of you baffle plate? So for example I am working on a reverse flow build that has a 30" diameter pipe that is 60" long is there a formula to determin the baffle plate width?
- Clover Ridge Smokers
- Posts: 2466
- Joined: December 1st, 2012, 4:42 pm
- Title: Driven By Passion
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Clover Ridge Smokers
- Location: Minnesota
Most people will put the BP about 1" above the FB. I use Handymath.com for figuring my half moons. It you want to even make it easier, use a trapezoid instead of a half moon
Driven by Passion, Limited by Imagination
- Posts: 483
- Joined: March 7th, 2012, 7:58 pm
- Title: And there I was...
- Location: Bartlesville, Oklahoma
I just figure out where my firebox will be located via Frank's figures then go 1-1 1/2" above and measure ID. Deduct for drain if including and make an 1/8" narrower for every foot so it drops towards drain pipe.... If that makes any sense... I'm horrible at telling how to do much of anything.... I'm sure someone else on here can explain much better
- Pete Mazz
- Posts: 3028
- Joined: February 16th, 2013, 8:19 am
- Title: Meathead
- Location: Bucks County, PA