Decisions, decisions

Yep... you need one of these too!
Smokinnewby
Wants More tools
Wants More tools

Decisions, decisions

Post by Smokinnewby » December 26th, 2017, 3:46 pm

I have been checking these discos out and I have watched my brother in law use one that he has. They don’t seem too difficult to construct. I want to build one of these for my next build. I still have the bell ends from my rf build and can’t decide wether to use the ends or pick up some actual plowing disc to use. I plan on putting wings on it to keep things warm while cooking in it. I do realize that using the bell end off of a lp tank will make the build a little heavy but it also has its benefits. By using the plowing disc I would be able to move the disco around a lot easier. Decisions, decisions............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Re: Decisions, decisions

Post by Big T » December 26th, 2017, 4:52 pm

It's like you said either way will work so you'll have to decide on that one OR you could just build them both!!

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by Rodcrafter » December 26th, 2017, 7:33 pm

I have a plow disc type Discada or Disco that works on a turkey fryer burner or over my bell end charcoal fire pit or cowboy cooker. There’s always a another way.

Making memories!

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Smokinnewby
Wants More tools
Wants More tools

Post by Smokinnewby » December 26th, 2017, 10:41 pm

I know it’s dangerous at times but I was talking with the wife about the next build and she was mentioning building the disco and the cowboy cooker so they are portable. I think she was blown away with the RF smoker cause of its size. She didn’t see the smoker till I was halfway done cause I started off building it with a buddy and then due to his schedule moved the build to my garage and finished it from there.
I have a few ideas in mind for the build. The disco will be able to be to sit on coals or a propane burner (the type you use with the turkey fryers). I have a 4 day weekend coming up here in a few weeks and plan to start then. I will keep you guys posted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by Rodcrafter » December 27th, 2017, 7:05 am

:beer:

They are very portable, I put my Fire pit on my trailer rig, it hangs on the back until I need it.

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Return to “Discada's! (Disco's?)”