Redneck fence post puller

No Politics, No Religion... Smoking Allowed 8-)
Forum rules
No Politics, No Religion, Smoking is Allowed 8-)
towtruck
Expert
Expert

Redneck fence post puller

Post by towtruck » August 18th, 2019, 9:58 pm

I'm working on a new fence and needed to pull an 8' railroad tie attached to 800 pounds of concrete. The new fence is going in right in front of the old fence and the end braces are right in line with the new row of steel posts. I'm doing an oil field pipe fence with posts every 8' and a top rail all out of 2- 3/8" pipe. The old H brackets need to go and I already pulled one with a farm jack and it about killed me. This one post had triple the concrete and it was solid as a rock so I brought out the big guns and tied that post to the side of the C frame about mid way from blade to pivot. I managed to lift the entire tractor off the ground in the rear and the post did not budge. I drove forward and back a bit and the post finally popped up. I reattached it to the front corner of the blade and pulled her out of the hole.....
That was the hardest one I needed to pull out...now there is about forty T posts and ten wood posts left to do once the fence is finished. When I get this fence done I can start on my new BBQ.

ajfoxy
Expert
Expert
Title: Neophyte Smoker Bldr
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Redneck fence post puller

Post by ajfoxy » August 19th, 2019, 3:43 am

Wow... I might have been tempted to just cut the damned thing off at ground level. Good job you have the equipment to pull it out though.

Learning generally boils down to "Repetition or the avoidance of pain", some people learn by doing, some by watching and some just have to pee on the electric fence.

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

JKalchik
Expert
Expert
Title: Member

Post by JKalchik » August 19th, 2019, 8:46 am

Looks like the right tool for the job.

"Measure with micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with fireaxe." Ted M., USCG (ret)
"Smoked pork. It belongs in me." Giles L

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » August 19th, 2019, 4:51 pm

ajfoxy wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:43 am
Wow... I might have been tempted to just cut the damned thing off at ground level. Good job you have the equipment to pull it out though.
One post on the other end will get cut off. This one had to come out as the fence wire will be 8" lower than the current fence and would have hit the concrete on that post. Believe me I wanted to just cut it off....now I have more work to get that sucker broken up small enough to load in my dump trailer. I'm waiting to finish the job and make one dump run when done.

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » August 27th, 2019, 10:48 pm

I got my fence almost done....I have some stainless steel ties coming to attach the wire to the posts and rail and then it will be done.

So much for my "vacation".....now I'm behind on yard work...it never ends.
300' with two gates. Level section at top and bottom with 200' of it sloped.

Straight as a laser beam....

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Post by Big T » August 28th, 2019, 9:24 pm

It looks great!!

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

ajfoxy
Expert
Expert
Title: Neophyte Smoker Bldr

Post by ajfoxy » August 29th, 2019, 12:27 am

It does look good... and even straight as well... :D

Learning generally boils down to "Repetition or the avoidance of pain", some people learn by doing, some by watching and some just have to pee on the electric fence.

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

Return to “Off Topic Stuff”