Tell us a little about yourself!
- Wants to build a smoker
- Posts: 22
- Joined: September 6th, 2015, 6:58 pm
Mr. Frank hit my in box with a request for pictures of my first smoker. Not doing it- was a boring UDS. Cooked great but a bit vanilla. Decided to do a vertical with doors (tired of getting my shirts all greasy from reaching down into a 55 gallon barrel) Did not realize what I was getting into. Drew it up with the intent of sealing it tight and running it on charcoal- yeah.... no. Went to using sticks in it and never looked back. I'd really like to do some mods to it: making the firebox door/chamber taller and adding an umbrella holder but my access to a welder is long gone. I still use my UDS more- but I always enjoy what comes off the wood fired vertical.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: November 24th, 2015, 12:36 am
- Title: It ain't broke...yet
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while
- Location: Phoenix, Az
Looks like a great project.
- Posts: 5970
- Joined: September 1st, 2013, 2:40 pm
- Title: Go Getter
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys
- Location: Lower Alabama
Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.
- Posts: 2337
- Joined: April 12th, 2016, 8:07 pm
- Title: Neophyte Smoker Bldr
- BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...
- Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Learning generally boils down to "Repetition or the avoidance of pain", some people learn by doing, some by watching and some just have to pee on the electric fence.
Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford