Smoked a fattie!

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
towtruck
Expert
Expert

Smoked a fattie!

Post by towtruck » March 18th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Today I was off work so I had to fire up the smoker and play a bit. I wanted to smoke a flank steak like I have done for years but I wanted to try it on my smoker and not a Weber. I wanted to give a fattie a try as I have never done one. I got both done today with great success.

First up is the flank steak. Simply rolled up with bell pepper and mushrooms. Placed in a pan with a little S+P on top and about 1/2" of water in the pan.
Next is the fattie. I have a few recipes hanging around and just went with a simple one on this one. I mixed one package of sausage with one package of spicy breakfast sausage for the meat, I wrapped it in bacon of course and just filled it with three cheeses..Monterrey jack, pepper jack and swiss slices. I was going to put some jalapenos in but forgot and it's a good thing because it did not need any more heat. I sprinkled the top with some rub and into a 240* smoker they went. I cooked them all until the fattie reached 165* internal.

And now for the Q view......

The prepared flank....

The fattie...

Adding a chimney at the two hour mark...

Coming out of the smoker...

The Flank....

The Fattie...

The money shot on the flank.....

And the OMG! what the hell have I done shot of the fattie.....

Both came out great and we will make dinner with the flank tonight and the fattie made one hell of a burger for my lunch. A slice of the fattie on a english muffin topped with a fried egg will be to die for....

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Re: Smoked a fattie!

Post by Big T » March 18th, 2019, 8:13 pm

:needfood: :needfood: :needfood: :beer:
:LG:

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » March 19th, 2019, 12:17 am

I’ll be there in time for breakfast....make 2.

ajfoxy
Expert
Expert
Title: Neophyte Smoker Bldr
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by ajfoxy » March 19th, 2019, 3:52 am

Looks really good. :beer: :needfood:

Learning generally boils down to "Repetition or the avoidance of pain", some people learn by doing, some by watching and some just have to pee on the electric fence.

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » April 12th, 2019, 10:29 am

I froze 3/4 of that fatty above and took it into work yesterday and fed the crew. I sliced it into 1/2" thick pieces, fried those in a pan to get them hot again. Fried eggs and made toast....put it all together as a sammich and had hash browns on the side. Everyone really liked it. I think I am going to do one made with hamburger next and see how that turns out.

tim1000l
beginner
beginner
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by tim1000l » July 15th, 2019, 1:51 pm

:LG:

Return to “FOOD!”