Need Timing Help

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
Elmacho
Smokerbuilder
Smokerbuilder

Need Timing Help

Postby Elmacho » October 22nd, 2017, 10:18 pm

My previous cooks, I have timed to end about 3 hours prior to the event so that I can pull the butts and brisket straight from the cooler and serve. This however results in me being up for about 40 hours and damn near kills me each time. Can I plan the cook to end around 2am Saturday morning and somehow keep or reheat the meat at 4pm Saturday afternoon?

mp4
Expert
Expert
Title: Independent Thinker
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Need Timing Help

Postby mp4 » October 23rd, 2017, 7:18 am

I've done some split cooks with brisket in the past that have worked out well. We typically want to serve up around 1 pm and that always sucked if you wanted a slow smoked brisket so I would start it the night before and let the fire die down at bedtime. Fire it up again early in the morning and finish it off.

With pork butt I've just cooked it up the day before and then reheated it. I think that's probably common practice.

Good luck!

Elmacho
Smokerbuilder
Smokerbuilder

Postby Elmacho » October 23rd, 2017, 12:41 pm

Is there a best way to reheat pork butt?

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Postby Rodcrafter » October 23rd, 2017, 5:23 pm

What I do with reheating pork is I pull it and put it with all the juice in a half pan lid on. Then I can either put it in my smoker or the oven on about 200 for a couple of hours before feeding and no one will know it wasn’t fresh off the rig.

Making memories!

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Elmacho
Smokerbuilder
Smokerbuilder

Postby Elmacho » October 23rd, 2017, 10:27 pm

You guys rock as always! I’ll cook butts Friday and Brisket first thing Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “FOOD!”