A smoker short

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
Peter_Caldwell
Needs more Steel
Needs more Steel
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

A smoker short

Post by Peter_Caldwell » March 20th, 2011, 5:45 pm

My best friend Tom and I promised some people that we would smoke some shoulders for them. When I showed up to get the meat from them, I found out they were not shoulders as you can see. Not a huge problem but not what I was expecting to rub down. (The meat was theirs from some auction animals that they bought at the county fair). The second problem was there was a third guy that was planning to buy a smoker and bring it over for us to use. He never made it. We ended up putting 6 roasts on a UDS. It took a lot longer than what we had planned as you can imagine. However, after taking a few punches, Tom and I won the fight with some very tasty meat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
Title: OB1
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Cert. BBQ Judge

Re: A smoker short

Post by Frank_Cox » March 20th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Looks like they turned out perty good! Looks like you have a second set of bolts above the cooking grate. what kind of lid do you have?

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

Peter_Caldwell
Needs more Steel
Needs more Steel
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by Peter_Caldwell » March 20th, 2011, 6:34 pm

On this UDS Tom has just the lid from the drum, but it was built with the idea of using a lid from a weber kettle if we found one at some point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Post by Tom_Heath » March 20th, 2011, 8:55 pm

I gotta agree here, looks like a fine batch of goods there.

Never Never count on someone showing up with a smoker on a deal like this. Not that good intention wasn't there but sometimes at the worst moment things will go wrong.
I want to try making a lid for my UDS that looks like an upside ice cream cone. I just gotta get the drawing to a pattern and all will be good.

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

Return to “FOOD!”