I made Lowe's honor their ad price...

If you just want to shoot the breeze or find out what's going on at SmokerBuilders, try here.
towtruck
Expert
Expert

I made Lowe's honor their ad price...

Post by towtruck » June 8th, 2019, 8:38 pm

I was in Lowe's the other day and they had two packs of Kingsford blue bag briquettes (40 pounds total) for $24. Not a bad price but my buddy told me they went on sale for $14 a few times a year. Today the wife and I go in and they have the Father's day sale price of $14 hung above the pile. I grab two (80#) and we head to check out. The sign gave the sale price and the regular price listed below the sale price. No other signage was around. Everyone was carrying the sale flyers around and the charcoal was in the flyer. We get to self check out and the price each is back to $24. I ask the worker what was the issue. She found it in the sale flyer and gave us the lower price. That's when another gal comes over and points out the fine print in the flyer that they go on sale the 13th through 16th. I told them both that the sale price is the only one listed above the stack. She tells us that the fine print on that sign says the days it's on sale. I told them the regular price tag should have been posted as there was only the sale price sign with the regular price listed below the sale price. I told them that was a little hinky in my book. I got them for the sale price.....If they are going to hype their stuff and mark it down early I'm going to hold them to it! I may go back on the 13th and get two more bundles for 80#'s more. That should hold me through the summer =)) ...maybe

I caught Lowe's doing this with a water heater a few years ago. the price was listed as $400 and when at checkout the price was $600.....they walked me back to the area and had me read the fine print that said "when you buy two or more" I got all kind of belligerent about how they advertise their prices. I had a manger get involved and I told him it should read $600 and then $400 if you buy two.....I was pissed off about it. I got that water heater for a 10% discount and told them their deceitful advertising was going to bite them one day. Two can play their game....I like a little confrontation now and then :wrestlinchair:

McBroom
Expert
Expert
Title: Retired U.S.Marine
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: I made Lowe's honor their ad price...

Post by McBroom » June 8th, 2019, 9:00 pm

Good job. Maybe post a pic of the ad and I’ll use it here in n.texas. If ya don’t mind.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

McBroom
Expert
Expert

Post by McBroom » June 8th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Thanks towtruck. You da man

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Pete Mazz
Title: Meathead

Post by Pete Mazz » June 9th, 2019, 3:31 am

That's why I don't go to Best Buy anymore.

If it's tourist season, how come I can't shoot 'em?

Don't speak the language? Try this: Smoker Terminology

Try my SmokerBuilder Calculators

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » June 9th, 2019, 9:57 am

They did good by honering the price as you would have only gone back during the sale for it anyway. Sounds like the sale date was posted in the flyer tho so I’m not sure they are to blame for the issue.....

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » June 9th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Dirtytires wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 9:57 am
They did good by honering the price as you would have only gone back during the sale for it anyway. Sounds like the sale date was posted in the flyer tho so I’m not sure they are to blame for the issue.....
No, they are not to blame. But it is underhanded to advertise like that. They do it across the whole store and I only shop there maybe twice a year and it always catches me off guard. Last week they had a big sign above the briquettes listing the $24 price. This week it's a little sign near the ground listing the sale price in big letters and the regular price in small letters. Then in typewriter sized letters they toss in the sale dates. That's out right crap in my book. .......I had not seen the flyer before I made it to check out so anyone just walking in like me is going to read that sale price and not read any further.

McBroom
Expert
Expert

Post by McBroom » June 9th, 2019, 2:18 pm

The Lowe’s here would not honor the sales ad that you sent me the link on. It’s ok though. I jus didn’t buy it as I can wait till next weekend. And I burn more pecan splits than I do anything else.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Return to “Let's Talk!”