Majic brand paint

Talk about what kind of paint is used on smokers and how to apply it.
decker
beginner
beginner

Majic brand paint

Post by decker » November 6th, 2017, 3:34 am

Has anyone ever used the majic farm and implement paint for their off-set smoker? I see that they use it to restore tractors and its painted on the engine. I sent them a question asking what temperature it is rated for and waiting for a reply. I understand I probably wont be able to use it on the fire box, but I just want something different than a matte black paint, and the price doesn't seem to bad either.

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Majic brand paint

Post by Rodcrafter » November 6th, 2017, 6:56 am

I agree you can use any engine paint on everything but the FB. Now if you insulate the FB you can go there too.

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

decker
beginner
beginner

Re: RE: Re: Majic brand paint

Post by decker » November 6th, 2017, 6:29 pm

Rodcrafter wrote:I agree you can use any engine paint on everything but the FB. Now if you insulate the FB you can go there too.
The fire box will be insulated, just not yet. I got a reply saying around 250 degrees. It's hard for me to believe that, but can't argue with the company I guess. I used this paint before and it really holds up well. I need to check the outside of my cc when it's going and see what the temp is. It's 1/4 " steel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Cole
SmokerBuilder Addict
SmokerBuilder Addict
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet, Family and Friends!

Re: Majic brand paint

Post by Cole » December 2nd, 2017, 9:37 pm

Did you end up using the Majic paint? If so wondering how it went?

Return to “Paint and How To's”